Without the right external intervention, there will only very few people that will be able to stop alcohol addiction. People like these need professional help, especially the life saving services that only alcohol rehab facilities provide.
People who have alcohol addiction is safer in a place like alcohol rehabilitation facilities. For these alcohol addicts, rehab centers are a caring environment where a patient can overcome both the physical and the psychological addiction to alcohol. The procedure in treating alcohol addiction includes detoxification and counseling, and more often than not, the support of fellow recovering addicts who are enrolled in the program as well.
The Process That Happens During Alcohol Rehabilitation Treatment
Patients who have a little idea on what occurs when under an alcohol rehabilitation program are inclined to perform better in the program because they are more more comfortable when they go into the facility, therefore able to hit the ground running as far as their recovery is concerned.
Here is a list of some information that might help you in your preparation upon entering an alcohol rehabilitation program. The different part of every rehabilitation process is being summarized here in order to help you. These things will apply in one way or another even though every rehabilitation program has its uniqueness.
• Consultation and Diagnosis (Admissions) – This is the first step, also known as the admission process where one enters the facilities of an alcohol rehab center. This is where a warm and friendly admissions staff of the facility asks questions about the individual’s background and explains, in full detail, how the rehabilitation program will go. At the same time, it is also in this stage where the individual is free to ask questions about the program and what they are about to put their self into.
• The Process of Detox – the moment the individual is accepted in the program, he or she is then prepared for detox. Before any individual can begin getting the care as part of the alcohol rehabilitation program, he or she is required to go through detox first. Alcohol detox – sometimes referred as drying out – is the phase where patients are freed from all of the harmful alcohol toxins inside their body. It is in this stage of the program where uncomfortable (and sometimes painful) withdrawal symptoms emerge. For this reason, there is always a medical or a counseling professional in the team that will help the individual make it through.
• Counseling – counseling play a vital role in every recovery program, and oftentimes, it is dubbed as the heart and the soul of the entire rehabilitation process. During counseling, recovering addicts work with counselors and their peers in order to cut to the heart of their problem and learn from each other strategies for staying sober. Alcoholism is a psychological addiction as much as it is a physical one, and with counseling, the patient will be able to address this aspect of the illness.
• The Aftercare Process – the moment the patient leaves the alcohol rehabilitation center, he or she is still likely to face challenges To maintain sober. Distractions and temptations are there everyday. That is why aftercare programs such as 12-step meetings, follow-up counseling and sober living help the patient make the full transition back into his or her daily life as smooth as possible.
• The Process of Health Related Programs – the good health of the recovering addict is as vital as anything that they will get during rehab. That is the reason why, most alcohol rehab programs consist of exercise, yoga, meditation, or nutritional counseling as a component of the recovery plan. The idea behind these programs is this: when you enhance the body, the mind will follow.
When one goes through the process of alcohol rehab, there is a need to go through different phases in order to get really well